Reference Number: 4041MM
Job Location: Area of London, ON
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Our client is seeking an experienced Product Development Engineer to join their growing company.
- In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of new product, processes or services that are aligned to meet the strategic objectives set out by the business unit.
- This will require you to use knowledge from your technical discipline to solve routine technical problems and make changes to existing products.
- The ability to understand and incorporate customer perspective when developing solutions is essential.
- You must be fully able to develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying the customers need and support all viable solutions to arrive at an optimum solution for the customer and the corporation.
- Will solve complex problems with practical solutions, play a lead role in developing project / assignment plans involving internal and external resources and be capable of leading cross-functional teams having broader less defined initial objective and scope.
- You will manage and direct project / assignment teams involved in multiple concurrent and sequential development activities.
- Assign and direct projects / assignment personnel to best utilize their skills.
- Evaluate impact of proposed product / process changes on other products, materials, strategies, or other technical issues.
- Must be able to develop and evaluate complex design or concepts for which initial inputs are limited, be responsible for project / assignment initiation through ramp up to post audit.
- Will provide training and assistance on a full range of technical issues to team members and provide input to management on their skills.
- You will serve as a key mentor to less experience technical employees and provide technical backup in the absence of supervisor / manager of functional area.
- The successful candidate will possess a 4 year degree in Engineering / Technology and/or have 3-5 years of hands-on engineering or technical experience.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills to motivate teams and lead change.
- Strong computer skill are required.
E-mail submissions are preferred and should be sent in MSWord or text format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job number in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only be contacting those under consideration.