Reference Number: 4078MM
Job Location: Area of Kitchener / Waterloo, ON
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- The purpose of the position of Robotic Technician is to maintain, repair and improve the robotic components on existing equipment as well as install components on new equipment.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance that requires a Robotic Technician as outlined in the TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) and PM (Preventative Maintenance) plans.
- You will be responsible for any robotic repairs and building of robotic components for devices designed and built in-house.
- This position requires strong PLC troubleshooting skills, and experience with Siemens PLC.
- You will also have to work in the production press shop and other areas as required.
- External contacts include robotic and electrical suppliers for replacement parts, contractors, and personnel from subsidiaries.
- You may also be involved with the training of apprentices.
- To be considered for this opportunity you must provide your own personal tools, all large items or special items will be provided by the organization.
- Completion of a Robotic Technical program or equivalent at a post-secondary institution is required.
- An Ontario Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician will be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of robotic requirements, mechanical systems, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must have a strong knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and have the ability to work independently and think of creative ways to approach problems.
- 2 years of experience gained in a similar work environment performing robotic maintenance and troubleshooting is required.
- Must be available to work a 4 week rotating shift.
E-mail submissions are preferred and should be sent in MSWord or text format to email@example.com referencing the job number in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only be contacting those under consideration.